You Asked, We Answered
Looking for more info about one of our products, services, or a pending order? Check out our list of frequently asked questions below for some quick answers. If your question isn’t answered here, get in touch today.
How can you charge LESS?
Firstly 95% of our Stock is from UK suppliers, so no need for customs taxes for us to ship in. Instead of us shipping in from overseas ourselves, we buy from and support UK businesses. We mostly buy rolls / bolts of fabric which can lower the cost too, but at times get one off pieces or smaller amounts offered to us as well as deadstock / clearance lines. We are a discount / clearance fabric store, so we don't always get the same fabrics in regularly.
Please note: at times fabrics we get contain misprints, marks and faults, we make sure we check fabric and note any of these on product descriptions, on the rare occasion when something may be missed, please contact us within 48 hours in order for us to rectify the mistake.
What are factory pre-cuts?
Clothing factories cut fabrics ready to make into garments. However at times they have excess pieces, usually Not complete garments. So we buy these to stop them going to landfill and sell really cheap, it's a great way to get creative or test out new fabrics. So to summarise they are pieces of fabrics. Odd shapes and sizes, different prints and plains, different fabrics eg cotton jersey, Jersey, knit, lycra, scuba etc. Some you can work out what they would have been made into, most you can't. Lots of customers like creating dolls clothes with them, face wipes, small items, tops for themselves etc. It also helps with the environment as it doesn't end up in landfill.
How do I know your fabrics really are Cotton or cotton jersey, because cotton is natural and more expensive?
We take quality control VERY seriously. When fabrics don't come with compositions, or fabric type, we still do our own tests and quality checks to ensure accuracy. It is illegal to knowingly advertise products falsely. Which is why we ensure our checks are done. Not only that, we know how important it is to you when choosing fabrics that you know what you're buying. QUICK TIP: If you suspect you have brought a fabric stating cotton and want a quick easy way to test its accuracy, take a corner and scrunch it in your hand and hold for a few seconds to 1minute. IF it is creased it will most likely contain a high content of cotton or natural fibres. Another way is to burn test a piece, if it burns and turns to ash it is cotton. Remember though if its a cotton mix then it may melt slightly too, eg fleece back as fleece is usually polyester.
Can I cancel my order?
Yes if it has not been dispatched already, but if it has been dispatched, please see returns policy.
My order is urgent, how can I ensure to get it quickly?
For urgent orders, we advise you put in the additional information URGENT and we can prioritize your order. DPD is usually the quickest but we make no guarantees on any courier or royal mails services.
Can you source a specific fabric?
Sometimes, so do drop us a message and we will do our best. But please note. Depending on which supplier that has it, depends on cost.
Why is my fabric not cut 100% straight?
We use tailoring scissors to cut our fabric. We try our utmost to get the fabric as straight as possible. If it's wonky do check as usually we will cut over the metre so you have 1m from shortest points.
My fabric is not bang on 100cm / 1m in length. Why?
We try our utmost to cut fabrics exactly on 100cm / 1m in length, but we do say allow upto 10% difference either way. But 99% of our fabrics are cut between 97cm and 105cm.
Where do you ship to?
Currently we can ship to England
Scotland / Highlands
Guernsey / Jersey
For other areas please message for a personalised quote
Can I add to an order?
When you place an order the shipping / postage costs are worked out by weight. Should you want to add to your order contact us and we will see what we can do. Extra postage may need to be added and fees may be added as well.
What are your processing times for dispatching an order?
From ordering to us making up your order ready for dispatch can take between 3 & 5 working days, during extremely busy times it may take upto 7 working days.
My address is wrong what should I do?
If for any reason your address is wrong and you need to change it the quickest way to contact us is through Facebook or Email. Let us know ASAP that your details are incorrect and tell us the correct ones. We usually ship same day or next working day so telling us quickly will stop your parcel from going to the wrong address.
PLEASE ALWAYS double check your details at the checkout as parcels sent to the wrong address will not be refunded as this is your responsibility. Should we get that parcel returned then we will happily send to your correct address at postage charges covered by you.
I have a problem with my order what should I do?
On the rare occasion where we have got your order wrong, please contact us within 48hours of receiving so we can rectify this for you.
I have received a refund but not been contacted first, what should I do?
If we have sent a refund, it will be due to an out-of-stock item. However, we always contact customers via email first to notify you and ask if you would like to choose something else or receive a refund. So please check your emails. Should we not get a response after 2 to 3 days we will automatically refund and send.
Which payment methods do you accept?
Do you offer gift cards?
Yes! But do note these are emailed to you and you will not receive a physical voucher.
What is your return policy?
1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased through the online store & Social Media / Paypal operated by Fiver Fabric.
2. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging if applicable.
3. Some types of goods are exempt from being returned for a refund where they are perishable (e.g. food, flowers, newspapers, magazines) or where they are intimate or sanitary goods (like underwear), or where they are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
4. Other types of services cannot be returned for a refund, for example where the service begins as soon as you make the payment (e.g. a downloadable software product) or a gift card or gift wrapping service
5. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, if you change your mind about a purchase you have made within 14 working days after the date of delivery, you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price for the goods or services you wish to return, Postage and packaging costs will not be refunded for return. You will not be entitled to a refund of the cost you incur in returning the item to us. If a product is non refundable, no refund will be made whether or not you as the consumer choose to return.
6. Our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price excluding postage and packaging costs (i.e. the goods or services provided are not faulty or were not described properly) within 14 working days. Unless stated non refundable then you are not entitled to a refund.
7. If the item you purchased was faulty or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction. As a discount / clearance store, we try our utmost to ensure any faults / damage is clearly stated on each individual listing.
8. Where you would like to return a physical product you have purchased, please contact us to let us know that you will be returning the item. To obtain a refund for a non-physical product (like a service) please contact us for further information about how this can be done.
9. Once your return is received and inspected we'll contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not, and credit your original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
10. If you haven't received a refund yet where we have told you we have issued one, please check your bank account or card statement to make sure it hasn't been received and then contact your bank as some banks or card companies take a number of days to credit your account. Please allow minimum 3 working days and upto 10 working days for your refund to appear.
11. If an item you purchased was purchased with a discount voucher, then we will only refund the amount that you paid (and not the amount the item was listed for).
12. If an item you purchased was in a sale then it may not be eligible for a refund if you have changed your mind. If you are in any doubt please contact us before making the purchase.